The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Hazel Park Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: January 31, 2024
July 07, 2023
- $51,467 - $72,951 (3 Years to Top Pay) with $1500 Bonus paid upon hire and for successful completion of Probationary year 1.
- $350 annual Educational Benefit for bachelor’s degree
- $250 quarterly Uniform Allowance
- $600 Bonus payable on or before December 15th each contract year for year 1-9, increasing to $1000 with 10 years+ seniority.
- Medical, Dental, Optical, Life Insurance (currently with no employee contributions)
- Defined Benefit Pension through MERS
- Deferred Compensation / 457 Match options
- Health Care Savings Program w/ Employer contributions of $80.00 per bi-weekly pay
- Flexible Spending & Dependent Care Plans
- Paid Sick, Vacation and Personal time (Personal Time Granted in the 2nd year of employment)
- Employee Assistance Program
- MiLife Health & Wellness Clinic access Free of Charge
13 Paid Holidays, with time and a half paid for holidays that are worked.
Narcotics, DEA, Auto Theft, Detective Bureau
12 Hour Shifts as assigned with Shift Premium dependent on assigned shift / Unit
60 Hours of accredited college coursework with a minimum 2.0 GPA. Education minimum waived if MCOLES Licensed in Michigan as a police officer.
Candidates must be MCOLES licensed or currently enrolled in a fully accredited Police Academy and licensable in Michigan as a police officer at time of a conditional job offer. Proof of successful completion of the academy must be submitted within (14) fourteen days of graduation or the applicant will be disqualified.
HOW TO APPLY:
APPLICATION PACKETS CAN BE PICKED UP AT THE FRONT DESK OF THE POLICE STATION LOCATED AT 111 E. NINE MILE RD, HAZEL PARK, 48030.
Current staffing consists of 1 Chief, 3 Lieutenants, 3 Sergeants and 26 officers. Civilians round out the department comprised of 1 Administrative Assistant, 3 Dispatchers and 2 Records Clerks. The department also supports a Reserve Police Unit and a Citizens Patrol Unit.
Opportunities include assignments to the Detective Bureau, Special Victims & Youth Bureau, Traffic Enforcement, Motor Carrier Enforcement, Narcotics Unit & Auto Theft Unit.
CONTACT DET/LT. WILLIAM HAMEL (EXT. 352) WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER