The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Missaukee County Sheriff's Office: Deputy Sheriff Closing Date: September 1, 2023
July 07, 2023
Cadet Sponsorship into the Police academy
Classification of Position:
This position begins under a classification of police recruit, with a rate of pay to be determined during the completion of the police academy. This position will be paid full-time during the course of the police academy.
Upon successful completion of the police academy and certification with the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards, recruits will be reclassified into the position of Road Patrol Deputy to begin the field training program.
- Police recruit - $19.62 per hour
- Road patrol Deputy staring wage - $22.94
- Road patrol Deputy wage after three years - $30.08
- Healthcare including dental and vision
- MERS Defined Contribution retirement
- Paid vacation, Sick, Personal, Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Longevity Pay
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of completion of the Police Academy
- Must be a United States Citizen and a resident of the State of Michigan
- Must be free of felony convictions
- Must be free of Domestic violence convictions
- Must posses a high school diploma or GED
- Must pass medical evaluation including hearing, vision and drug screen
- Must possess a valid Michigan driver's license
- Must be able to pass the MCOLES physical agility standards testing
- Must be willing to work days, nights, holidays and weekends
Applications can be submitted in person or emailed to Undersheriff Kearns at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application process will remain open until the positions are filled.
For application see posting at https://www.missaukee.org/