The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Plymouth Township Police Department: Police Officer – Full Time Closing Date: December 31, 2023
July 25, 2023
The Plymouth Township Police Department is currently hiring for the position of Police Officer.
Below is a highlight of the pay and benefits:
- Pay: Starting $51,805 and Top Pay $85,461
- Longevity: $2,000 (Maximum)
- Retirement: Defined contribution – 15% contribution by the Township and 5% by the employee
- Lateral Transfers: Example: Officer with (2) years of prior law enforcement experience, the officer would be offered a starting salary at Year 3 on the
- CBA’s wage schedule ($76,079)
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Time
- Personal Time
- Sick Time
- 12 hour shifts – 7 to 7
- New equipment and patrol vehicles
- Supportive Elected Officials and Pro-Police Community
- School Resource Officer
- General Detectives
- Homeland Security
- DEA Task Force
- Accident Investigations
- Evidence Technicians
- Honor Guard
- And more…
- Associate Degree (minimum)
- At least 21 years of age
- Candidates with prior police experience can apply directly with the Township, those candidates without prior experience must take the EMPCO written exam and appear on the EMPCO’s eligibility list to be considered, contact EMPCO.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Completed training at an accredited police academy or currently enrolled in an academy or prior certified law enforcement experience. Must be MCOLES licensed/eligible to be licensed.
- No disqualifying criminal convictions
- Ability to perform the essential job functions of a police officer.
- Possess a valid operator license with an excellent driving record.
- Must pass a drug screen, physical, psychiatric exam, and background investigation.
- Complete all phases of the hiring process.
Submit completed Employment Application, Background Questionnaire, and Police Department Request for Computerized History to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off the application to the Plymouth Twp Clerk. Applications can be dropped off after hours using the green mailbox located in front of Town Hall.