The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Traverse City Police Department: Patrol Officer Closing Date: December 29, 2023
July 25, 2023
The City of Traverse City is seeking qualified individuals interested in Police Patrol positions. The City is seeking to fill two current vacancies. Candidates considered qualified must have the following:
- Associate's Degree (Bachelor's degree preferred) in Criminal Justice or other human services and two years related Law Enforcement experience.
- Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) licensed or licensable
- Successfully complete an in-depth physical examination
- Successfully complete an in-depth psychological examination
- Successfully complete an extensive physical fitness testing
Final selection will be based on education, experience, physical testing, and oral interviews.
Residency requirement: 20-mile radius from nearest City limit. This is a union position under the Police Officers Association of Michigan, Patrol Unit. Starting wage is $25.53 per hour. Competitive benefits package. A detailed job description and minimum qualifications can be viewed at https://www.traversecitymi.gov/userfiles/filemanager/tf7mqzxxzhehw6ctz64t/
Please submit resume, cover letter, a completed application, proof of certifications if applicable and a list of three professional references to the City of Traverse City, Human Resources Office, 400 Boardman Avenue, Traverse City, MI 49684 or via email to email@example.com Applications can be found online under "application for employment" at https://www.traversecitymi.gov/jobs/jobs.html
Traverse City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.