The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Crawford County Sheriff's Office: Deputy Sheriff Closing Date: February 1, 2024
August 03, 2023
There is one full-time job opening for the position of Road Patrol Deputy within the Crawford County Sheriff's Office.
We are looking for highly motivated, dedicated, and career-minded individuals to perform the job functions accurately and swiftly with due respect to citizens and residents of Crawford County, and co-workers of the Crawford County Sheriff's Office.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must have a valid driver's license and/or obtain a Michigan Driver's license by date of hire.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be MCOLES licensed or licensable as a police officer in the State of Michigan at the appointment time.
- Have no felony convictions. Misdemeanor convictions will be on a case-by-case basis to determine qualifying status. (Criminal Law generally includes all offenses except traffic laws, conservation laws, and liquor laws. In general, a conviction for a violation of criminal law is automatically disqualifying.) Out of State Certified Officers please contact the Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) at 517-636-7864 to determine your eligibility and available dates for the Recognition of Prior Training and Experience Program.
- All applicants must submit a complete application and resume.
- Pass an interview.
- Qualified selected candidates will be required to complete and return a background packet.
- Candidates will then go through a complete background investigation.
- Take a psychological examination.
- Pass a physical examination.
- Competitive Pay.
- Medical insurance through Priority Health.
- Delta Dental, vision
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan from MERS.
- The POAM covered union position.
- The majority of positions are 12-hour shifts with every other weekend off as a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
Anyone interested in this position should submit an application and resume to the Crawford County Sheriff's Office, 200 West Michigan Avenue Grayling, Michigan 49738 to Undersheriff Shawn Schnoor or Administrative Assistant Melissa Hull.
Applications can be found at http://www.crawfordsheriff.org/application.html.
The Crawford County Sheriff's Office is an equal opportunity employer.