The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Mt Morris City Police Department: Patrol Officer Closing Date: December 31, 2023
August 03, 2023
The Mt. Morris City Police Department is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of a full-time police officer. Mt. Morris City is located in Genesee County, and is three miles from the City of Flint's north boarder. Mt. Morris City is 1.2 square miles and has a population of approximately 3,090 residents. Mt. Morris City responded to 3,614 calls for service in 2022. The Mt. Morris City Police Department is accepting applications for qualified candidates who are highly motivated and career oriented.
The minimum requirements for employment with our department are:
- Be 21 years of age
- Citizen of the United States
- Possess a valid Michigan Drivers License
- Must be MCOLES licensed or licensable applying: Testing
- High School Diploma
- Must Possess the Health, Fitness, Physical and Psychological capacity required to perform as a Police Officer.
- Have no felony convictions.
- Successfully complete all the phases of the selection process.
BENEFITS & WAGES:
- Starting wage / probationary officer for 2023 is $21.14 hour ($43,971 year). There is a lateral transfer hire process, which the Mt. Morris City council has the discretion to place new hires at a higher level of wage and vacation scale to reward for prior years of service. Seniority from another department would not be a part of this lateral transfer and the new employee would be required to build their seniority after each year of service. Currently on 12 hour shifts.
- Top out pay after 5 years of service, which would be in 2024 $31.60 hour ($65,728 year). There is currently a 3 year contract in place and will expire in June 30th, 2025.
- Health insurance including medical, dental, and vision at no cost to the employee.
- Pension with Genesee County Retirement, vested after 8 years of service, eligible at 22 years of service and has a 2.5% multiplier.
- Vacation, sick time and 10 paid Holidays per year, when worked the pay is one and a half times (1 1/2) the regular wage. When not working a holiday in the contract the employee still gets straight pay for a 12 hour shift.
To be considered for this position, complete an application, background pack, cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or it can be submitted in person. (Applications and background packs can be emailed to candidates as well).
Mt. Morris City Police Department
11649 N. Saginaw Street
Mt. Morris, MI 48458