The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Michigan Supreme Court: Executive Protection Security Officer Security Closing Date: September 1, 2023
August 07, 2023
The Michigan Supreme Court is currently seeking qualified applicants for two (2) Executive Protection Security Officer positions. Reporting to the Security Director, this position provides armed security services to ensure the safety and security of employees and visitors at the Hall of Justice (HOJ). Provide executive protection for the Supreme Court Justices conducting official judicial business within the state. Essential duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide armed security and basic first-aid response for all who work in or visit the HOJ. Provide armed security for the justices attending state functions on official judicial business. Make visits and contact local authorities at venues within the state to assess security and safety needs, and plan and implement security arrangements.
- Greet, monitor, and provide assistance to visitors to the Court by answering questions, or escorting persons to or from their destinations.
- Scan visitors through a metal detector and inspect visitor packages using x-ray equipment provided by the Court.
- Summon police or security officers for any situation or incident to ensure to the safety and security of property and employees.
- Receive and address complaints of suspicious activity and conduct investigations to determine appropriate action.
- Evaluate security risks during visitor check in and screening; and while patrolling building and recommend appropriate action.
- Serve as courier, receive, and make deliveries of confidential materials to various destinations.
- Conduct Law Enforcement Information Network (LEIN) checks on new employees and contractors.
- May be required to drive the Chief Justice to and from any location within the state.
- Monitor and maintain physical key inventory and tracking database.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree or equivalent with courses in criminal justice, or a related field. Three or more years of experience as a police officer or related security experience providing knowledge of security systems and procedures and one or more years being assigned to an Executive Protection Detail.
Basic computer and strong interpersonal skills and basic first-aid training.
Interact with and deescalate difficult individuals, operate screening and x-ray equipment, and must be able to drive an assigned state vehicle without restriction and have no prior points on a personal driving record.
LICENSING / PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION:
Non-restrictive concealed weapons permit and the ability to successfully complete a weapons proficiency program with annual certification based on Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement standards.
Required to lift and transport materials, equipment, and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds. Required to travel to various sites throughout Michigan, including overnight travel a minimum of four times a year.
Official work-site location is the Hall of Justice. Remote work may be available in accordance with the MSC/SCAO Remote Work Policy.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume in Word or Adobe.pdf format to email@example.com and include “Executive Protection Security Officer” in the subject line. If you are unable to e-mail applicant materials, please contact Judicial Human Resources at 517-373-1147 for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER