The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
West Bloomfield Township: Police Officer Closing Date: September 13, 2023
August 15, 2023
West Bloomfield Township is accepting applications for Police Officer. In order to be considered, you must submit a completed application and required documents by Wednesday, September 13, 2023.
Our 2023 annual starting salary rates are as follows:
- Academy sponsored‐ $51,654.07 (We will also pay you while attending)
- Academy graduate‐ $56,818.51
Police Officers that are currently certified/licensed by MCOLES and have at least 2 full years of employment as a full time Police Officer with a governmental law enforcement agency are eligible for our lateral compensation program based on full time experience.
- 2 Years Lateral‐$64,101.94
- 3 years Lateral‐ $71,392.62
- 4 years Lateral ‐ $76,765.01
Current Police Officer pay progresses up to $82,329.22. We have a generous fringe benefit package that includes; pension, medical, prescription and dental/vision coverage.
- Must be eligible to be licensed as a police officer in the State of Michigan by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES).
- Must be at least twenty‐one (21) years old.
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Must have an Associate’s Degree or higher from a recognized accredited college or university at the time of hire.
- Must not have any felony convictions, including expunged convictions, or convictions of any other type or nature that affect MCOLES certification/licensing.
- Must have passed the MCOLES pre‐employment written and physical agility exams at time of application. (Not applicable to current MCOLES licensed Police Officers or those eligible for immediate re‐licensing pursuant to MCOLES standards).
- Must possess a valid State of Michigan motor vehicle or chauffeur’s license and good driving
- Must have passed the written examination given by EMPCO with an unexpired score of 70% or better at time of application.
- See hiring policy for further requirements.
To schedule the Empco law enforcement test, complete a profile, and take the test, please go to www.empco.net/testing/ and follow the instructions. There is a fee to take the examination, but results of this test will be accepted by all participating police departments in Michigan. The deadline for testing is Wednesday, September 13, 2023.
In order to be considered for employment, you MUST submit a completed Township application and required documents by Wednesday, September 13, 2023. In addition to the application, please submit a copy of your EMPCO written test results showing your name, score and the date of the results.
If you have not attended the Police Academy or are a current/recent Police Academy student or graduate, you must also submit a copy of your MCOLES written and physical agility test results. For our employment application, job description, hiring policy and benefit information, please visit
All documents must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources, 4550 Walnut Lake Road, West Bloomfield, MI 48323 by Wednesday, September 13, 2023.
Equal Opportunity Employer