The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
City of Newaygo Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: December 31, 2023
August 16, 2023
Seeking a licensed MCOLES police officer or a person interested in becoming a paid recruit to attend an academy to become a licensed MCOLES police officer for the City of Newaygo.
Duties include patrolling city streets, parks, commercial and residential areas. Preserve the peace and enforce the law, control vehicular traffic, prevent or detect and investigate misconduct involving misdemeanors, felonies and other law violations, obtaining evidence and compile information regarding crimes, prepare cases for filing of charges, testifying in court, and related activities, carry out duties in conformance with Federal, State, city ordinances, departmental policies and procedures and other related activities.
- Associate's degree in law enforcement, criminal justice or a related field required
- Must be licensed, licensable as a police officer by MCOLES. (Or interested in an academy to become a licensed officer)
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be 21 years or older at the time of employment.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid driver's license.
- No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal histories.
- Must be able to read and write the English language.
- Must be of good moral character.
- Ability to successfully complete all phases of the selection process.
- Pass extensive personal and professional background check
- Pass medical, psychological and drug testing.
Essential job functions:
- Patrol in a vehicle
- Respond to calls for service
- Make arrests
- Prepare narrative crime reports and non-criminal reports, criminal investigations and follow-up traffic crash investigations
- Participate in training sessions
- Participate in community-oriented events
- Display a positive and professional attitude and demeanor.
- Detain search and question suspects as appropriate.
SUBMIT COVER LETTER, RESUME, AND REFERENCE PAGE
G. Andres, Chief of Police
City of Newaygo Police Department
PO Box 308
28 W State Rd
Newaygo, Michigan 49337
231.652.1657 extension *214# c/o Jennifer Beeler