The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Ferris State University: Sergeant Closing Date: October 31, 2023
August 21, 2023
The Sergeant is a first-line supervisor responsible for monitoring the day, afternoon, and midnight shifts and assuming special assignments as directed. The Sergeant embraces the Department of Public Safety's personnel activities, assigning shift personnel, responding to crime scenes, maintaining records, reviewing and evaluating personnel performance, and developing and implementing strategies that impact area problems. The Sergeant is responsible for the immediate supervision, instruction, coordination, discipline, planning, and control of the activities of the officers and student employees assigned to their shifts. The Sergeant is a crucial advisor to the Assistant Director and Director.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Three (3) years as a fulltime patrol officer.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships with students, faculty, staff, visitors, and fellow work associates.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Physical capabilities necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Must demonstrate outstanding character traits and a keen understanding of laws and organizational behavior.
- MCOLES licensed, licensable, or out of state Law Enforcement Officer to obtain MCOLES licensure within two months of hire date.
- Ability to obtain Michigan driver's license within two months of hire date.
- Ability to obtain and maintain annual firearms qualification.
To apply and view full job description, visit https://jobs.ferris.edu/en-us/listing/.
Ferris State University is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to inclusion and equity. Learn more about the Ferris mission, commitment to diversity and to equal opportunity, and dynamic, student-focused community at ferris.edu. Applicants requiring accommodation or assistance completing an application/participating in the hiring process should contact Human Resources at 231-591-2150 or email@example.com.