The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Belleville Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: October 31, 2023
August 29, 2023
What to be part of our team?
POSITION: Police Officer – Full Time Officer – Lateral Pay for qualified candidates
Belleville Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Police Officers. All Submissions must contain a cover letter, applicant resume, and City of Belleville Police Department employment application.
MINIMUN REQUIREMENTS (Include, but are not limited to):
- At least 21 years of age
- Be a United States citizen
- MCOLES licensed/eligible to be licensed
- No disqualifying criminal convictions
- Ability to perform the essential job functions of a police officer.
- Associates Degree (minimum); or equivalent in Law Enforcement or related in field is required, or comparable military experience.
- Possess a valid operate license w/an excellent driving record.
- Must pass a drug screen, physical, psychiatric exam, and background investigation.
- Complete all phases of hiring process.
WAGE AND BENEFITS (*per current collective bargaining agreement through 12/31/2024)
- 12hour shifts
- 14 paid holidays
- Vacation time earned annually beginning with 1 year of service
- MERS Defined Benefit Pension (E-2 w 1.5 multiplier) and MERS retirement health savings plan
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and compensatory time off.
- Class B Uniform’s with options of Baseball cap
- Relaxed grooming standards & Outer vest carriers
- Belleville Police Department operates in a unique fashion providing Officers with investigative opportunities. Officers are responsible for investigating and completing each of their own cases through the judicial process.
Applications can be found on the City of Belleville’s website the link is listed below. Please submit applications in person, by mail or email the Acting Police Chief: Kfaull@belleville.mi.us
City of Belleville is an equal opportunity employer.