The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Oscoda County Sheriff's Office: Police Recruit Closing Date: January 1, 2024
September 06, 2023
The Oscoda County Sheriff's Office is currently accepting applications for a cadet sponsorship into the Police academy.
Classification of Position:
This position begins under a classification of police recruit, with a rate of pay to be determined during the completion of the police academy. This position will be paid full-time during the police academy.
Upon successful completion of the police academy and certification with the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards, recruits will be reclassified into the position of Road Patrol Deputy to begin the field training program.
- Police recruit - Competitive rate of pay.
- Healthcare including dental and vision
- MERS B-4 Defined Benefit retirement
- Paid vacation, Personal time off, Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of completion of the Police Academy
- Must be a United States Citizen and a resident of the State of Michigan
- Must be free of felony convictions
- Must be free of domestic violence convictions
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must pass medical evaluation including hearing, vision, and drug screen
- Must possess a valid Michigan driver's license
- Must be able to pass the MCOLES reading and writing test and physical agility standards testing
- Must be willing to work days, nights, holidays, and weekends
Once you have completed and sent in your Online Application/filled out the Release of Information Form and Criminal Records Check form you may then mail your resume and cover letter to the following:
Oscoda County Sheriff's Office
Attn: Sheriff Kevin Grace
P.O. Box 129
Mio, MI 48647