The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
City of Manistee Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: December 31, 2023
September 08, 2023
This is general duty police work in the prevention of crime and the enforcement of State Laws as well as Local Ordinances. Persons in this position shall be responsible for maintaining the quality of life for all Manistee residents, businesses, and guests. This will be accomplished not only by the enforcement of laws, but also through Community Policing.
Wages & Benefits:
- New hire wage range is $46,191 - $52,241, based on experience.
- Manistee City Police Department Officers are provided with a defined benefit retirement plan governed by the MERS System with a 2.5 multiplier.
- City will pay up to $200 for fitness club membership or home fitness program.
- The City of Manistee provides the following paid time off: Vacation time, Sick time, Holiday Time, and Compensatory time.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older, MCOLES certified, certifiable, or currently enrolled in a police academy. Applicants must also possess a minimum of an associate degree.
- Complete description and application are available online at http://www.manisteemi.gov/.
- Pre-employment psychological and physical exam including drug screening is required.
- This position will remain open until filled.
Interested applicants should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to the Manistee City Clerk's office or email to Detective Sergeant Kirsten Goodspeed at email@example.com with Police Officer as the subject line. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application; however, applicants are encouraged to include a resume and cover letter with their completed application.