The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
City of Grosse Pointe Department of Public Safety: Public Safety Officer Closing Date: December 31, 2023
September 11, 2023
The City of Grosse Pointe Department of Public Safety is currently accepting applications for employment. Our department provides combined police and fire services to our community.
- Be 21 years of age at the time of application
- Be a US citizen
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 60 college credits but may be waived for prior police experience.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Possess good moral character and free from drug dependency
- Have no disqualifying criminal convictions
Wages and Benefits:
- 12 hour shifts
- Top base pay for officer is $82,000
- Maximum vacation time is 264 hours
- Later pay steps for experienced officers
- Defined Benefit pension with a 2.0% multiplier, with 6.5% contribution and annuity withdrawal at retirement
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Yearly 80 hour check
- Longevity Pay
- 11 paid holidays and yearly holiday check
- Sick time reimbursement
- Outer Vest Carriers
- Health Savings Plan
For interest in the position or questions, please contact Lt. Thomas Martindale at Martindalet@grossepointedps.org or 313-236-2003.
All applicants will be required to submit to physical and psychological evaluations, a background investigation, and an oral board interview.