The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Mt. Morris Township Police Department: Police Officer (Lateral Transfer) Closing Date: December 31, 2023
September 12, 2023
The Mt. Morris Township Police Department is seeking qualified candidate for the position of full-time police officer. Mt. Morris Township is located in Genesee County, along the north end of Flint. Mt. Morris Township serves a population of approximately 21,500 residents within a 32 square mile. Assignments include Patrol division, Detective Bureau, Critical Incident Team (C.I.T.) MSP narcotics task force (FANG), FBI Safe streets task force, K9 units and more. Mt. Morris Township responds to approximately 20,000 calls for service per year. Mt. Morris Township Police Department is accepting applications for qualified candidates who are highly motivated and career oriented.
- Candidates employed full-time as a police officer within the State of Michigan.
- A separated officer within the last year from full-time service from a law enforcement agency within the State of Michigan (Subject to successful re-licensure by MCOLES); or
- An out-of-state officer currently employed full-time as a police officer and who qualifies for reciprocal licensure as defined by MCOLES.
The Mt. Morris Twp. Police Dept. is currently accepting applications for Full-Time Lateral Transfer. Our lateral transfer program will afford those persons with full-time law enforcement experience an opportunity to join the Mt. Morris Twp. Police Dept. at a pay step based on their prior years of service.
The Township may in its sole discretion, based on but not limited to, experience, education or training, start new hire employees at any step in the wage scale.
The process will be:
- New hires with 1 year of experience will start at Year 0 ($20.75) and move to After 1-year step ($22.50) after successful completion of the FTO program.
- New hires with 2 years of experience will start at After 1 Year step ($22.50) and move to after 2 Year step ($24.25) after successful completion of the FTO program.
- New hires with 3 years of experience will start at After 2 Year step ($24.25) and move to After Year 3 step ($26.00) after successful completion of the FTO Program.
- New hires with 4 years of experience will start at After 3 Year step ($26.00) and move to After 4 Year step ($27.75) after successful completion of the FTO program.
- New hires with 5 or more years of experience will start at After 4 Year step ($27.75) and move to After 5 Year step ($29.50) after successful completion of the FTO program.
BENEFITS & WAGES
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and optical are provided at no cost to employee.
- Pension - Municipal Employees' Retirement System
- MERS Defined Benefit (1.5% multiplier per year of service) 25 years and out regardless of age and an F5515 waiver.
- Sick/Personal Time - 144 hours per year, may bank up to 400 hours.
- Vacation time: Completed 1 yr. = 42hrs Completed 2 yrs. less than 5 yrs. = 84hrs Completed 5 yrs. less than 10 yrs. = 120hrs Completed 10 yrs. = 168hrs
- Holidays - 14 per year. When working a holiday pay is double time and a half. When not working a holiday, you earn extra comp time and are paid straight time for that day.
- Uniform, dry cleaning and equipment provided.
- Longevity pay - 2% at completion of 5 years, 2% at completion of 10 year and 2% at completion of 15 years.
- Shift Premiums - 7%-night shift premium which starts at 6pm.
- Detective Bureau assignment is also 7% shift premium.
- $600/year Uniform expense.
To be considered for this position, complete an application, along with a resume and cover letter, to: Veach@mtmorristwp.org or can be submitted in person to:
Mt. Morris Township Police Department
5447 Bicentennial Dr.
Mt. Morris, MI 48458
Application information can be found at: http://mtmorristwppolice.org/