The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Three Rivers Police Department: Police Academy Sponsorship Closing Date December 31, 2023
September 14, 2023
This posting is for non-certified applicants. Candidates who are hired will be required to join the Three Rivers Police Reserves on a part-time basis until placement into a certified law enforcement academy. Upon successful completion of the academy, the Recruit will be promoted to Officer status, and begin the field training process.
The City of Three Rivers is a small community, with a population of 7,953, located in southwest Michigan, St. Joseph County. The Police Department consists of the Chief of Police, Deputy Chief, 5 Sergeants, and 8 Police Officers. The Department currently has one Sergeant assigned as the Detective, 2 Officers assigned as K9 Officers, 3 Evidence Techs, and assignments to the St. Joseph County Major Crimes Task Force and Special Response Team. Officers work 12-hour shifts with every other weekend off.
- High school graduate or GED
- MI Driver's License
- Possess the knowledge and ability to perform the job functions required for the position
- Preferred: Assoc. Degree, Criminal Justice.
This is a full-time union position with excellent benefits:
- MERS B-3 plan, 2.25% multiplier, F50/25 and F55/15 early retirement riders and 10-year vesting. Employees only contribute 7.4% to the cost of their retirement benefit.
- Vacation rate is 90 hours after 1 year of employment and 200 hours after 15 years of employment.
- 13 paid holidays including a floating birthday holiday.
- Starting pay is $23.70 an hour going to $29.32 an hour after 2 years of service per Union contract.
- Excellent health, dental and optical insurance. Employees pay 15% of the monthly premium.