The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Auburn Hills Police Department: Police Officer - Entry Level or Lateral Transfer Closing Date: March 1, 2024
September 18, 2023
HONOR. INTEGRITY. SERVICE. The Auburn Hills Police Department is currently seeking qualified applicants for full-time position(s) for police officer. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a quality FTO program as well as on-going training, and opportunity for advancement/specialization. LATERAL TRANSFER STARTING PAY BASED ON EXPERIENCE.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Acts as the first-line representative of the city to create and maintain a positive relationship with the diverse community through sound Community Policing principles.
- Work 12-hour shifts performing security patrols, traffic control, investigation, and first aid at accidents, detection, investigation, and arrest of persons involved in crimes or misconduct.
- Participates in investigating criminal law violations occurring within the City limits, obtaining evidence and compiling information regarding these crimes, preparing cases for filing of charges, testifying in court, and related activities.
- Carries out duties in conformance with Federal, State, County, and City laws and ordinances while ensuring the public's constitutional rights are upheld.
- This position requires substantial contact with the general public, court officials, and other City officials in the performance of police operating activities.
LATERAL TRANSFER STARTING PAY available based on years of service:
NEW WAGE SCALE (Starting July 1st, 2023).
- 1 year of experience: starting $62,420.80
- 2 years of experience: starting $68,764.80
- 3 years of experience: starting $75,899.20
- 4 years of experience: starting $83,075.20
- 5 or more years of experience: starting $83,928.00
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply regardless of police academy status. Academy sponsorships are considered. Out-of-state applicants: Virtual hiring process during initial stages of the process. Sponsorship toward obtaining MCOLES prior recognition of police experience certification is considered.
- 12-hour shifts
- All uniforms and equipment provided
- Uniform dry cleaning provided
- Facial hair and tattoos permitted
- External load-bearing ballistic vests
- Newly renovated gym and exercise equipment
- Permitted to exercise on duty
- Indoor firearms range
- Parking garage for patrol cars
- Overtime opportunities available
- Generous 401k and 457 plans Employer contribution 16% with 4% employee contribution
- Additional 80-hour annual holiday check in December
- Opportunities available for Traffic Enforcement, Retail Crimes Task Force, School Resource Officer, Court Officer, Community Engagement Officer, Narcotics Enforcement Team, Special Investigations Unit, FBI Violent Crimes Task Force
- Associates degree in law enforcement, criminal justice, public administration, or a related field with a bachelor's degree preferred
- Licensed or licensable by MCOLES as a police officer or planning to attend an MCOLES-approved training academy
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be 21 years or older at the time of employment
- Must possess, or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid State driver's license
- No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history
- Must be able to read and write the English language
- Must be of good moral character
- Ability to successfully complete all phases of the selection process
Hours and Wages:
This is a full-time position with a salary range of $56,076.80 - $83,928.00, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Submit Resume, Cover Letter, and Employment Application to:
The City of Auburn Hills is a distinguished leader in southeast Michigan, known not only for its 22 high-technology parks but also for having world-renowned retail, entertainment, and manufacturing. Home to more than 27,000 residents, it also serves as Michigan's global business address, with 40 international corporations from 32 countries, including many world and North American headquarters. Auburn Hills' residents enjoy the amenities of city and suburban living with parks, a revitalized downtown district, and a welcoming city complex with a library and community center. Additionally, the city has four colleges and universities, and Great Lakes Crossing Outlets, one of the state's largest destination shopping centers, providing a variety of cultural, social, and educational opportunities to residents, workers, and visitors. Thus, bringing over 3 billion visitors to the city annually.
The City of Auburn Hills is an Equal Opportunity Employer