The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Milan Police Department: Full-time Police Officer Closing Date: January 31, 2024
September 20, 2023
Milan Police Department is determined to offer the highest level of professionalism, dedication, and expertise to serve and protect our city, our citizens, and our guests. Milan Police Department is committed to a community-oriented policing philosophy. Milan is a great place to live and work. Police Chief Tillery receives many citizen compliments stating how well our officers serve the Milan community. Milan Police Department currently has an opening for a full time Police Officer.
Entry Level Police Officer: $51,480 annually ($24.75 hourly)
Lateral Police Officer: $63,565 to $73,882 annually ($30.56 to $35.52 hourly)
Pay based on experience!
Benefits offered with this position include:
- Municipal Employee Retirement System (MERS) retirement (Defined Contribution) with a generous match of 8 1/2%.
- Union contract with paid vacation, personal leave, sick time and 12 holidays.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, pharmacy, disability and life insurance including a flexible spending account.
- Retirement health insurance with the City of Milan paying 100% of the eligible retiree's cost for health insurance coverage.
- College tuition assistance program.
- Special assignments including DEA, SWAT, Detective Bureau, Evidence Technician, and K9.
- Uniform and equipment provided, including an annual uniform and cleaning allowance.
- 12-hour shift assignments with 7 days every pay period, including every other weekend off.
- Fitness incentive bonus of $500 annually.