The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Rose City Police Department: Police Officer/Experienced Preferred but not mandatory Closing Date: November 15, 2023
September 28, 2023
Not all inclusive - Responsible for the protection of life and property through enforcement of laws. Patrol assigned areas, investigate and make arrests, direct and control traffic, write violation citations, prepare reports, appear in court, serve civil process, provide service and assistance to the public, enforce city ordinances as well as perform related work as assigned.
- Must meet the following MCOLES standards: Currently licensed or considered "licensable" by MCOLES standards, currently enrolled in a MCOLES approved Police Academy or Police Certification Program with a projected graduation date. Any applicant who fails to comply with these requirements shall become ineligible (certification must be maintained throughout the term of eligibility).
- At least 21 years of age as of date of filing official application.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Vision correctable to 20/20 with no major defects; normal color vision; normal hearing.
- Able to pass any physical agility test required to determine physical fitness for the performance of duties of position to be filled.
- No prior felony convictions.
- Valid Michigan Driver's License with good driving records. Out-of-state applicants must provide current driving record at time of application and obtain State of Michigan license within one month of employment.
- Must have taken and passed the MCOLES Pre-employment Test (reading & writing test).
Those who meet these criteria will be invited to an oral interview.