The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
St. Louis Police Department: Full-Time Police Officer Closing Date: December 28, 2023
September 29, 2023
The St. Louis Police Department is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Full-Time Police Officer. The St. Louis Police Department provides 24-hour police coverage to the City of St. Louis. Patrol officers work 12-hour shifts (six 12-hour days and one 8-hour day per pay period).
The St. Louis Police Department is in central Michigan near the intersection of US-127 and M46. St. Louis is approximately three square miles in size. The last official US Census shows the population of St. Louis, MI to be 7482.
- All applicants must be MCOLES licensed or eligible for licensing upon appointment.
- Applicants must possess a valid driver's license
- No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history
- Possess an Associate Degree or military waiver
- Must pass a physical, drug screen, vision, and hearing test.
Starting benefits, per the current POAM Collective Bargaining Agreement include:
- Starting wage of $24.35 Hr. After 4 years $28.09 Hr.
- FTO receives an additional $0.50 per hour for hours spent training another officer.
- Night Shift Premium of $0.50 per hour for nightshift or mid-shift officers.
- BC/BS health insurance with a Health Savings Account
- MERS Defined Contribution retirement plan
- Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Optional Deferred 457 plan
- Child-Care Flex Spending account
- Short-term disability and long-term disability for all eligible full-time employees
- 80 hours of vacation after one full year of service.
- 24 hours of personal time annually
- 54 hours of sick time annually after one full year of service
- Training and certification programs as determined necessary.
Applicants are to send a completed application packet by mail, email, or in person to:
Chief Richard Ramereiz
St. Louis Police Department
300 N. Mill Street
St. Louis, MI 48880
The complete application packet includes:
- Full-Time employment application
- Criminal History Background check form
- Authorization of Information Release form
- These documents are located on the City of St. Louis website https://www.stlouismi.com/government/administration/employment-opportunities/
- Please include a cover letter and resume.