The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Munising City Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: December 31, 2023
October 03, 2023
The Munising City Police Department is now accepting applications for a full time Police Officer. All submissions must contain a cover letter and Resume.
MINIMUN REQUIREMENTS (Include, but are not limited to):
- At least 21 years of age
- Be a United States citizen
- MCOLES licensed/eligible to be licensed
- No disqualifying criminal convictions
- Ability to perform the essential job functions of a police officer.
- Possess a valid operate license w/an excellent driving record.
- Must pass a drug screen, physical, psychiatric exam, and background investigation.
- Complete all phases of hiring process.
Wage and Benefits
- 12hour shifts
- Vacation time earned annually beginning with 1 year of service
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and compensatory time off.
- Class B Uniform's with options of Baseball cap
- Relaxed grooming standards & Outer vest carriers
The Munising City Police Department operates in a unique fashion providing Officers with investigative opportunities. Officers are responsible for investigating and completing each of their own cases through the judicial process.
Accepting application until the position is filled. The City of Munising is an equal opportunity employer. If any questions please Contact Chief John M. Nelson at Chief@CityofMunising.org or call 906-387-2275