The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Walled Lake Police Department: Full-Time Officer Closing Date: December 4, 2023
October 04, 2023
The City of Walled Lake Police Department is a small family-oriented agency serving a population of approximately 7,250 residents. We are seeking self-motivated law enforcement professionals who will be able to work closely with other police officers to maintain a high quality of service to the residents, businesses, and guests of Walled Lake. Work for a community that appreciates its Police Department and values its Police Officers.
The City of Walled Lake is offering a lateral compensation program based on full-time experience. Current full-time Public Safety employees that have at least one full year of employment or have retired in good standing are eligible for this program. Laterals will be granted up to the 3rd step of the pay scale, which is $63,144 with a bump to $65,039 in July 2024. Police Officer top pay under the union contract is $82,015 at the end of the agreement. Lateral applicants with more experience, education and training may be eligible above 3rd step, with the approval of the City Manager.
- Lateral Pay Program for Officers with at least one-year full-time employment
- Pay range for entry-level Police Officer $53,952
- MERS pension with optional 457 contributions
- 11 Holidays at double time and a half
- Health Stipend offered if benefits are not needed up to $600.00 monthly
- Health care (BCN), vision, dental, and life insurance provided
- Uniforms and equipment provided
- 12-hour shifts
- Load Bearing/Molle Vests permitted
- Facial hair is permitted and generous tattoo/body art policy
- Must be a US Citizen and at least 21 years of age.
- Minimum one year employment in law enforcement
- Must possess a valid Michigan driver's license and have a high school diploma
- May not have any felony or other criminal convictions.
- Must submit to and pass a background investigation, physical and psychological.
- Must be MCOLES licensed or eligible for licensing.
- Must be available to cover shifts as needed.
To apply, download the application from our website at:
https://www.walledlake.us/Application%20for%20Employment.pdf or apply in person at the Walled Lake Police Department.
Send completed applications to:
Walled Lake Police Department
Attention: D.C. Kolke
1499 E. West Maple
Walled Lake, MI 48390