The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Village of Akron Police Department: Chief of Police Closing Date: March 31, 2024
October 05, 2023
The Village of Akron Police Department, also known as the Akron Fairgrove Police Department patrols (3) jurisdictions, the Village of Akron, the Village of Fairgrove and Fairgrove Township. The department proudly serves a 35.5 square mile community of over 2100 residents. The Akron Fairgrove Police Department is seeking a qualified, community minded candidate to fill the position as the Chief of Police. Starting pay for this position is $22.28 per hour.
- Must be MCOLES licensed, with prior paid Law Enforcement experience
- No Felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history
- Must be able to work weekends, nights, days and some holidays as needed
- This is a working Chief of Police position
- Must possess a valid Michigan drivers' license and have a high school diploma
- Must be of good moral character and pass a background investigation
How to apply:
Those interested may send a resume, cover letter with references to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to the address below:
Akron Fairgrove Police Department
4380 Beach St PO Box 295
Akron, MI 48701
The Village of Akron is an equal opportunity provider and employer.