The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Imlay City Police Department: Entry Level Police Officer Part-time Lateral Closing Date: March 31, 2023
October 09, 2023
The Imlay City Police Department is currently accepting employment applications from qualified candidates to join our team for the position of part-time Police Officer. Widely accepted as the gateway to the thumb of Michigan, Imlay City was founded in 1850 and is a city rich in culture, diversity, and history with a unique hometown appeal.
THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must have reached 21st birthday at the time of appointment
- Must possess a valid Michigan driver's license with an excellent driving history
- Must possess a minimum Associate's degree or 60 credits from an accredited college or university (Bachelor's degree preferred).
- Ability to successfully pass an extensive background check, physical examination, psychological examination, and drug screening test.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions of a police officer
- Must either be licensed or eligible to be licensed as a police officer by MCOLES.
- Ability to complete all phases of the selection process.
- Preference is given to those with prior experience as a full-time certified police officer.
- Perform routine patrol / shift duties / taking and responding to calls for service.
- Enforce all Federal and State of Michigan Laws, as well as all Imlay City Ordinances
- Conduct Criminal Investigations
- Enforces traffic laws and conducts traffic related investigations.
- Makes arrests and interviews persons / subjects.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing - capable of preparing police reports, citations, search warrants, and warrant requests.
SALARY AND BENEFITS-ENTRY LEVEL:
- Starting hourly salary without experience is $23.72 per hour for the first year. Top pay in four years
- MERS C-1 (defined benefit) 3.5% employee contribution with a 3.5% employer match.
- Health/Dental Insurance-BCBSM/Vision-allotted reimbursement account.
- Twelve holidays per year.
- Employer paid time off PTO accrued based on years of service/according to the collective bargaining agreement.
LATERAL POLICE OFFICER TRANSFERS:
The Imlay City Police Department values your experience and will pay up to three years on a lateral transfer pay scale upon completion of probation:
July 1, 2022- June 30,2023:
- Entry Level pay: $ 25.53 per hr.
- 1 yr. experience: $ 27.14 per hr.
- 2 yr. experience: $ 27.97 per hr.
- 3 yr. experience: $ 28.91 per hr.
Interested persons must apply to the City of Imlay Police Department, 395 E. Third St. Imlay City Michigan 48444. Submit a resume, cover letter and complete employment application. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.