The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Springport Township Police Department: Full-time Police Officer Closing Date: December 31, 2023
October 11, 2023
The Township of Springport is currently seeking qualified, community-oriented candidates to fill a full-time patrol position. Springport Township is situated in the northwest corner of Jackson County, bordering Calhoun and Eaton County. Springport Township has a population of approximately 2,000 citizens and includes portions of M-50, M-99, and the Village of Springport. The Village of Springport is the home to multiple restaurants and other small-town shops and businesses. The Springport Township Police Department is a small department, with two full-time officers and one school resource officer.
- Assoc. Degree in Criminal Justice or related field.
- MCOLES licensed or eligible for licensing upon appointment.
- Possess a valid Michigan Driver?s License, with a good driving history.
- No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history.
- Must have the ability to successfully pass a background investigation, psychological evaluation, interview process and drug screen.
Pay and benefits
- Wages $25.00-$28.00/ hr.
- MERS defined benefit pension.
- Medical insurance
Those interested may respond with a resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to the address below. This posting will remain open until all positions are filled.
Springport Township Police Department
137 E. Main St. PO Box 186
Springport, MI 49284
Attn: Chief Brent Lincoln
Springport Township is an equal opportunity employer. The Springport Township Police Department can be reached at 517-857-2233.