The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
West Branch Police Department: Full-Time Police Officer Closing Date: March 1, 2024
October 12, 2023
The City of West Branch Police Department is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Full-Time Police Officer.
Duties include general patrol of the City of West Branch's business and residential districts. Enforcement of state and federal law to include city ordinance. Position includes, but is not limited too: criminal investigation, traffic enforcement, testifying in court, community assistance.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum of Associates degree, preferably in criminal justice.
- Must be licensed, licensable as a police officer by MCOLES.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be 18 years of age or older at the time of employment.
- No felony convictions or disqualifying misdemeanors in criminal history.
- Ability to pass background investigation, physical and drug screening.
Compensation / Benefits:
- New Patrol officer wages $46,000 - $55,225 based on experience
- BCBS Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Optical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- MERS Retirement
- Supplemental 457 plan w/ employer match available
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation and Personal Time
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to:
Chief Ken Walters
West Branch Police Department
130 Page St., West Branch, MI 48661