The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Charlevoix City Police Department: Full Time Police Officer Closing Date: December 31, 2023
October 17, 2023
The City of Charlevoix is seeking a full-time Police Officer who will be responsible for maintaining order in an assigned district, protecting life and property, and preventing crime and disorder. There will be considerable interaction with tourists and vacationing seasonal residents, especially during crowded events and festivals.
This position has an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Generous MERS Defined Benefit pension plan and a 457 Defined Contribution plan with the City contributing 7.5% and will match up to 3% of employee contribution.
- Employees have a choice of either a Traditional Health Plan or an HSA plan with the City currently contributing $1650 for single and $3300 for double/family coverage which covers the cost of the deductibles.
- If an employee has other health insurance, the City will pay $617.00 per month to waive health insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts (Health and Dependent Care Accounts).
- Employer paid life and disability insurance.
- Paid two-week parental leave.
- Paid sick leave, personal leave, and vacation leave.
- Emergency Leave (Funeral, Jury Duty, and Military)
- Longevity payments after 5 years on the job.
The police department has 24-hour coverage with twelve hour shifts 2-2-3 rotation and one 10- hour overlap shift. The selected candidate will be required to reside within twenty (20) miles of the nearest boundary (as the crow flies) of the City of Charlevoix after transitioning to this position.
Applicants must possess a valid Michigan driver's license, a valid MCOLES license or be licensable, and be a graduate of a law enforcement school or an equivalent. The selected candidate will be required to pass a background check, physical, psychological examination, and a drug test.
To apply online, go to http://www.charlevoixmi.gov/Jobs.aspx.
The City of Charlevoix is an Equal Opportunity Employer