The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Madison Heights Police Department: Police Officer- Entry Level or Lateral Transfer Closing Date: April 30, 2024
October 17, 2023
TOP PAY WITH TOTAL COMPENSATION: $84,533 (July 1, 2024)
$2,500 SIGNING BONUS & TOP PAY AFTER 12 MONTHS FOR ALL NEW HIRES
Accelerated starting wages for Police Officers with prior experience.
Bonuses included in Total Compensation:
- Annual Uniform allowance.
- Annual Weapons Proficiency Allowance.
- Annual Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA).
- Annual Holiday Bonus.
- Defined Benefit Pension System with a 2.5% multiplier.
- 4% towards HCSP.
- Age 52 with 25 years of service.
- Up to 200 hours paid vacation per year.
- Up to 64 hours paid personal leave per year.
- Up to 96 hours sick leave accrued per year.
- Up to 104 hours SAT time accrued per year.
- 12 Hour Shifts.
- Ample opportunities for overtime.
- Holiday pay for holidays worked.
- External wear body armor provided.
- Departmental policy allowing tattoos and facial hair.
- Opportunity to work in numerous specialized units and assignments such as Special Investigations Unit (SIU), Narcotics Enforcement Teams (NET), FBI Task Force, Detective Bureau, Evidence Technician, K-9 Unit, Motor Unit, Bicycle Patrol Unit, Field Training Officer.
- Education incentive.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance OR annual opt out incentive.
- Free on-campus primary care health services and free generic prescriptions.
- Minimum age 18.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must possess a valid State driver's license with less than six points on driving record.
- Must be able to successfully pass a post-offer background investigation. No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history.
- Must be able to successfully pass a post-offer pre-employment physical, drug screen, and psychological examination.
- Minimum associate degree/60 credit hours from a fully accredited college or university, OR high school diploma/GED and honorable discharge from one of the United States Military Service Branches or minimum 3 years prior experience as a full-time sworn officer.
- EMPCO registration and completed police officer written exam within one year of application date (may complete exam after application to City but must pass exam before hire).
Preference will be given to those candidates who have graduated from an MCOLES licensed police academy or are currently attending an MCOLES licensed police academy. The highest preference will be given to those candidates who possess all desired qualifications and who are current sworn law enforcement officers with no previous disciplinary issues. All candidates will be required to interview with the Police Chief and/or an interview panel of his choosing before a conditional job offer is made.
Madison Heights Residency is NOT Required.
I-9 must be completed at time of hire for submittal to E-Verify
The City of Madison Heights is an Equal Opportunity Employer