The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Lincoln Park Police Department: Full Time Police Officer Closing Date: January 31, 2024
October 25, 2023
The City of Lincoln Park is accepting applications for the position of Full Time Police Officer.
The annual wage schedule effective October 1, 2023, with salary increases on 1/1/2024 and 7/1/2024:
- Start: $60,000.00
- 6 months $63,069.57
- 1 year $66,764.72
- 18 months $69,340.10
- 2 years $72,156.00
- 30 months $76,335.79
The City shall have the right to place an employee up to the two (2) year starting wage based on previous law enforcement experience.
Minimum qualifications of applicant:
- 21 years of age
- Legally employable in the United States
- High School Diploma or GED
- No felony convictions
- Valid State of Michigan Driver's License
- Must meet all MCOLES employment standards
- Licensed or able to be licensed as a Michigan Law Enforcement Officer. (Licensed not required but preferred. The city offers opportunities for paid police academy training.)
- All candidates must pass a background investigation, psychological and physical exam with drug screen.
During the application process, we request the following documents:
- Copy of Birth Certificate or Certificate of Naturalization
- Copy of High School Diploma or GED
- Copy of valid State of Michigan Drivers License
- Transcripts of all college or university work completed
- Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) Pre-Employment Testing Results for written and physical agility tests
- Copy of MCOLES Training Certification or College Diploma stating MCOLES Certifiable
- Completed copy of the "Background Screening Application Form"
You may either upload the above either electronically during the application process or via mail/ deliver in person.
Please note, your application will be considered incomplete and will not be considered until we receive all the necessary required application materials.