The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Mattawan Police Department: Entry level-Student Officer Closing Date: November 26, 2023
October 26, 2023
Our agency is seeking qualified candidates to sponsor through a Police Academy, to join our team. We will pay for tuition, provide equipment and a paycheck during the academy.
We pride ourselves on the department's community integrated approach to policing our village. We enjoy strong community support from our citizens.
This is an entry level, non-sworn, temporary-civilian position within the police department. It is intended to allow the student an opportunity to gain experience, insight and education. The intended result is a reclassification of the employee to a sworn law enforcement officer. This is a general summary.
$21.00/hr. (pre-graduation) $25.97/hr. (post graduation)
- Qualified applicants shall be able to meet all criteria of MCOLES for a Licensed Police Officer, the police department, and the Village of Mattawan.
- 21 years of age upon completion of the academy.
- No Felony, or certain misdemeanor, convictions
- Pass background investigation, and physical screenings
- Ability to meet all prerequisites of MCOLES for academy attendance
- Successful completion of the Police Academy and achieve an Associate's Degree
Please feel free to contact the agency for additional information.
Interested persons should submit a resume and cover letter.
The Village of Mattawan is an equal opportunity employer.