The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Rockwood Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: December 31, 2023
October 27, 2023
The City of Rockwood is accepting applications for an upcoming opening for the position of Police Officer. All applications are available at http://www.rockwoodmi.org/ and must be accompanied by a resume with cover letter.
MINIMUN REQUIREMENTS (Include, but are not limited to):
- At least 21 years of age
- Associate degree in criminal justice or related field.
- Be a United States citizen
- MCOLES licensed/eligible to be licensed
- No disqualifying criminal convictions
- Ability to perform the essential job functions of a police officer.
- Possess a valid Michigan operator?s license w/an excellent driving record.
- Must pass a drug screen, physical, psychiatric exam, and background investigation.
- Complete all phases of hiring process.
- 12-hour shifts
- Vacation time earned annually beginning with 1 year of service
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and compensatory time off.
- Class B uniforms & Outer vest carriers
- MERS pension plan
- Longevity Pay
- Clothing Allowance
Accepting applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The City of Rockwood is an equal opportunity employer. All questions should be directed to Chief Randy Krause at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-379-5323.