The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Clinton County Sheriff's Office: Deputy Sheriff Closing Date: January 5, 2024
November 02, 2023
********LATERAL TRANSFERS ENCOURAGED///STARTING PAY BASED ON EXPERIENCE******
The Clinton County Sheriff's Office is seeking to establish a hiring roster for the position of Road Patrol Deputy Sheriff with the need to fill 3 positions over the next three months. Clinton County with a population of 79,128 sits directly north of the city of Lansing and is included in the Lansing-East Lansing metropolitan area. The main cities within Clinton County are St. Johns, city of DeWitt, DeWitt Township, Bath Township along with portions of both East Lansing and the city of Lansing. Two major expressways run in all directions of Clinton County with both the I-69 and US-127 interchange. Clinton County Sheriff's Office patrol the entire county with general patrol units and our demographics include urban, suburban, and rural types of calls for service. Clinton County is a very law enforcement supportive county and our officers are encouraged to enforce all laws effectively which allows to keep all of Clinton County safe. Officers are also able to deal with an effective Prosecutor's Office who will aggressively fight for our victims.
Applicants for the position of Uniformed Patrol Deputy Must:
- Applicant must be a minimum age of 21 years old.
- Applicant must possess a valid driver's license.
- Applicant must be free of any felony convictions.
- Applicant must be a certified or certifiable police officer in the State of Michigan as governed by the Michigan Commission of Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES), or be actively enrolled in a MCOLES approved police academy at the time of application and provide documentation of same.
Applicant must pass a thorough background investigation and be free of any instances of moral turpitude.
Pay Rate Information:
Starting pay is $26.10 per hour ($57,0022 per year) with top out pay after 4 years of $33.07 per hour ($72,224 per year) based on an 84 hour pay period (12-hour shifts). The current contract is set to expire on December 31, 2024. The Sheriff does have the ability to lateral new hires in at a rate of pay that is consistent with years of service and experience.
- Fully paid medical insurance upon retirement after completing 20 years of service
- MERS Defined Contribution Retirement Plan up to 15% with a 5% employee match
- Fully paid for uniforms, dry cleaning, and work boots
- Health, Dental and Optical Plans
- Paid Time Off including Vacation, Sick and Personal Time
- Opportunity for other assignments such as Tri County METRO Narcotics Team, K9, School Resource Officer, Evidence Technician, Field Training Officer, Accident Investigation Team, Drone Operator, Robot Operator, and the Clinton County Special Operations Team (SOT)
- Relaxed Beard and Tattoo Policy