The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Paw Paw Village Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: May 30, 2024
November 03, 2023
The Paw Paw Police Department is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Police Officer.
The Village of Paw Paw is located in Western Michigan and is the Van Buren County seat. Paw Paw has approximately 3,700-year-round residents with award winning businesses and proactive community members.
The Paw Paw Police Department has an authorized strength of 10 sworn officers, one of which is part-time. The Police Department is committed to a strategic plan revolving around a community policing strategy.
The Paw Paw Police Department will be accepting applications for qualified candidates starting October 30, 2023 until the position is filled.
The minimum requirements for employment are:
- 21 years of age
- High School graduate or G.E.D. (college preferred)
- No felony convictions; misdemeanors will be considered on a case-by case basis
- Possess a valid driver’s license and very good driving record
- MCOLES licensed or licensable
- U.S. citizen
- Successfully complete all phases of the selection process
Benefits & Wages
- Starting pay $26.63 per hour, after 2 years $30.68
- Health/Dental Insurance
- If employee has other health insurance, the village will pay $238 per pay period to waive health insurance.
- MERS retirement / 2.5 Multiplier
- Sick Time, Personal Time, Vacation Time (80 hours after four months)
- Holiday pay
- Uniform and Equipment Provided
- $3,000.00 Signing Bonus
- Rotating detective position
- Bike patrol
- T.E.A.M teaching
- Advancement opportunities
For applications go to http://www.pawpaw.net or contact Office Manager, Monica Marler at 269-657-5501. To apply; please submit a resume and application including your driver’s license number.