The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
City of South Lyon Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: April 30, 2024
November 08, 2023
The South Lyon Police Department is currently accepting applications for Police Officer.
Wages and benefits include:
- Starting wage for a patrol officer is $54,873.42 with a top wage of $83,448.27.
- Benefit package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as a defined contribution retirement system through MERS.
- 13 paid holidays per year.
- Education incentive for furthering education.
- 12-hour shifts with every other weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) off.
- Relaxed facial hair and tattoo policy.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Specialized positions for Field Training Officer, Evidence Technician, Simunitions Instructor, Taser and Chemical Agent Instructor, Firearms Instructor and Defensive Tactics Instructor.
- Rotating Detective assignment.
The minimum requirements and qualifications are:
- Citizen of the United States
- At least 21 years of age
- Must not have any felony convictions, including expunged convictions, or convictions of any other type or nature that affect MCOLES certification/licensing.
- Acceptable driving record
- Free from any physical or mental impairments that would prevent the applicant from performing all of the normal duties required of a Police Officer
- Successful completion of a Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) Police Academy preferred
- Successful completion of an Associate’s Degree or equivalent number of college credit hours (60 hours minimum). We will also accept two years of military experience or prior law enforcement experience in lieu of college credit hours
Applications and authorization release forms can be found on our website at: https://www.southlyonmi.org/departments/police_department/jobs.php
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements and qualifications of this position and must submit the notarized Release Authorization Form and fully completed application packet.
All applications must be submitted by US Mail, other delivery service, or in-person to the following address:
South Lyon Police Department
Attn: Lt. Chris Sederlund
219 Whipple St.
South Lyon, MI 48178
Questions concerning this announcement should be directed to Lt. Sederlund at (248) 437-4193 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of South Lyon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.