The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Detroit Public Schools Community District: Public Safety Officer Closing Date: January 31, 2024
November 09, 2023
Under the direct supervision of a department shift sergeant or designee, the public safety officer is responsible for a multitude of responsibilities including but not inclusive of the following: Enforcement of local, state, and federal laws, Detroit Public Schools Community District property and equipment. Investigation and documentation of crimes and incidents. Documents and presents evidence & provides legal testimony.
- Must possess and provide evidence of a High School Diploma or GED Certificate at time of application.
- Currently licensed or licensable as a police officer by the Michigan Coalition on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) and be able to provide evidence to that effect.
- Must be 21 years of age and have access to an operating automobile; and able to work all three (3) shifts (day, afternoon or night), seven days per week; must be able to pass a medical examination and drug screening.
Must possess and provide evidence of a:
- Valid Michigan Driver's License
- Must request current print out of driving record from the Secretary of State?s office having no more than two (2) points.
- Prior experience working with youth.