The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Hart Police Department: Full-Time Police Officer Closing Date: January 3, 2024
November 14, 2023
The City of Hart Police Department is seeking qualified candidates for the position of a Full-time Police Officer.
Duties include patrolling city streets, parks, commercial and residential areas. Preserve the peace and enforce the law, control vehicular traffic, prevent or detect and investigate misconduct involving misdemeanors, felonies and other law violations, obtaining evidence and compile information regarding crimes, prepare cases for filing of charges, testifying in court, and related activities, carry out duties in conformance with Federal, State, city ordinances, departmental policies and procedures and other related activities.
- Associates degree in law enforcement, criminal justice or a related field required
- Must be licensed, licensable as a police officer by MCOLES.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be 21 years or older at the time of employment.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid driver's license.
- No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal histories.
- Must be able to read and write the English language;
- Must be of good moral character.
- Ability to successfully complete all phases of the selection process.
- Pass extensive personal and professional background check
- Pass medical, psychological and drug testing.
Essential job functions:
- Patrol in a vehicle
- Respond to calls for service
- Make arrests
- Prepare narrative crime reports and non-criminal reports, criminal investigations and follow-up traffic crash investigations
- Participate in training sessions
- Participate in community-oriented events
- Display a positive and professional attitude and demeanor.
- Detain search and question suspects as appropriate.
Officers are represented under a collective bargaining agreement; current base pay is between $31.09 - $32.09 per hour with a comprehensive benefit package offering:
- BCBS Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings
- Paid Time Off
TO APPLY, SUBMIT COVER LETTER, RESUME AND COMPLETED EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION TO:
Juan Salazar, Chief of Police
City of Hart Police Department
407 S State Street
Hart, MI 49420
Applications may be obtained at Hart City Hall, the cities website or by emailing / requesting an employment application at email@example.com