The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Paw Paw Village Police Department: Police Recruit Closing Date: May 31, 2024
November 15, 2023
The Paw Paw Police Department is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Police Recruit. The Village of Paw Paw is located in Western Michigan and is the Van Buren County seat. Paw Paw has approximately 3,700-year-round residents with award winning businesses and proactive community members. The Paw Paw Police Department has an authorized strength of 10 sworn officers, one of which is part-time. The Police Department is committed to a strategic plan revolving around a community policing strategy.
The minimum requirements for employment are:
- Must be 21 years of age at the end of field training
- High School graduate or G.E.D. (college preferred)
- No felony convictions; misdemeanors will be considered on a case-by case basis
- Possess a valid driver’s license and very good driving record
- Must meet M.C.O.L.E.S criteria for academy enrollment
- U.S. citizen
- Successfully complete all phases of the selection process
Benefits & Wages
- Recruit pay during academy is $18.00 per hour
- Health/Dental Insurance
Benefits & Wages Upon Completion of the Police Academy
- Starting Officer pay $23.07 per hour, after 3 years $30.68
- If employee has other health insurance, the village will pay $238 per pay period to waive health insurance.
- MERS retirement / 2.5 Multiplier
- Sick Time, Personal Time, Vacation Time (80 hours after four months)
- Holiday pay
- Uniform and Equipment Provided
- Rotating detective position
- Bike patrol
- T.E.A.M teaching
- Advancement opportunities
For applications go to https://www.pawpaw.net/ or contact Office Manager, Monica Marler at 269-657-5501. To apply, please submit a resume and application including your driver’s license number.