The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Fraser Department of Public Safety: Public Safety Officer Closing Date: November 27, 2023
November 16, 2023
The City of Fraser is accepting applications for the position of Public Safety Officer beginning Tuesday November 14, 2023. The application form, process instructions, pre-employment standards, and list of job benefits are available at http://www.micityoffraser.com/ or may be picked up at the Records Bureau, 33000 Garfield Road, Fraser, Michigan between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Contact Nicole Reinhardt, Records Clerk for additional information, 586-293-2000 ext. 209, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The applicant must:
- Be a resident of the State of Michigan for a period of one year at the time of application.
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Have no felony convictions
- Have a valid Michigan driver's license
- Possess good moral character
- If required, must be able to pass the firefighters agility test
- Be MCOLES licensed; or attending a current police academy; or have obtained all necessary requirements to be admitted to a police academy
- If not licensed or in a current academy, have passed the MCOLES pre-employment standards tests.
- Be eligible to be certified as a firefighter l and ll. Certification is preferred but not mandatory.
- Meet all minimum standards as mandated by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards, the Michigan Firefighters Training Council, and the Fraser Civil Service Commission.
THE DEADLINE FOR FILING AN APPLICATION IS Monday, November 27, 2023 AT 2:00 P.M.
The City of Fraser does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.