The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Grand Ledge Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: January 31, 2024
November 17, 2023
$5,000 signing bonus and Lateral transfer pay commensurate with experience.
Full Time Police Officer position with competitive benefit packages.
The City of Grand Ledge is situated in northeast Eaton County and Southwest Clinton County, Michigan. We are a growing community of 8,000 residents, located 15 minutes west of Lansing. With over 110 acres of parkland, we are known for our riverfront recreation opportunities, sandstone ledges, and ample trails connected to the walking system. Grand Ledge is home to friendly faces and quant neighborhoods that exemplify small-town character. The Grand Ledge Police Department strives to use every resource available to make residents and visitors safe in their homes and businesses. We are committed to providing a positive and productive work environment, where employees feel valued and trusted. Employees are expected to demonstrate respect, leadership, positive attitudes, and effective communication skills.
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, and flexible spending accounts.
- Physical Fitness Incentive and Workout Room.
- MERS Retirement Plan
- 457 Plan also available.
- MCOLES licensed or Licensable
- Valid State Driver's License
- High School Diploma or equivalent, supplemented with college-level coursework in criminal justice or related field
- Associates Degree
Can also apply at ApplyGLPD@police.grand-ledge.com
Additional Department Details:
- 4 Square Miles
- Bike Patrol Program
- School Resource Officers
- K9 Officer Program
- Tri-County Metro Narcotics Team participation
- Bike Patrol
- All required equipment included