The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Melvindale Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: December 20, 2023
November 20, 2023
APPLICANTS MUST AT TIME OF APPLICATION AND TIME OF HIRE:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- U.S. Citizen
- Possess a valid Michigan Operator's license and meet minimum driving requirements.
- Have successfully completed the Commission on Law Enforcement Standards Training requirements or currently enrolled in a Michigan recognized MCOLES licensed standard Police Academy.
- Possess the valid Commission on Law Enforcement Standards Certification, in reading, writing, and the Physical Skills Test Battery.
- Starting base salary is $48,471.00
- Up to 5 year lateral experience pay.
- 401 retirement (5% employee 10% City) with option of 457B match up to 5%
- Medical/Dental benefits, Blue Cross/Blue Care
You can obtain an application on our website at: https://melvindale.org/
Please return employment applications and requested documentation to the Melvindale Police Department at 3100 Oakwood Blvd. Melvindale, MI 48122. Applications must be turned in or post marked by end of business day December 20th 2023.
Applicant must present college transcript, driver's license, birth certificate, and MCOLES license (if completed).