The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Pleasant Ridge Police Department: Full-time Police Officer Closing Date: April 30, 2024
November 27, 2023
The City of Pleasant Ridge is seeking to fill at least one full time sworn police officer position. Pleasant Ridge is a small community one and a half miles North of Detroit with less than one square mile of area. The city is primarily residential with a business district along Woodward Ave. The city has approximately 60,000 vehicles drive on Woodward Ave and 140,000 vehicles drive through the city on Interstate 696 daily. Pleasant Ridge Police is a 24 hour a day full service police agency that utilizes another agency’s dispatch and lockup services.
PAY & BENEFITS
- $76,800 BASE PAY (4TH YEAR)
- LATERAL PAY BASED ON EXPERIENCE
- AT LEAST 148 HOURS OF PAID TIME OFF FIRST YEAR
- 12 HOUR SHIFTS, EVERY OTHER WEEKEND OFF
- MERS PENSION RETIREMENT BENEFIT
- PLATINUM LEVEL BLUE CROSS / BLUE SHIELD PPO HEALTH PLAN
- $3,600 ANNUAL BUYOUT IN LIEU OF HEALTH CARE•RELAXED FACIAL HAIR & TATTOO POLICY
- OUTER VEST CARRIERS
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
- Must be licensed or licensable as a police officer by MCOLES.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be 21 years or older at the time of employment.
- Must possess a valid Michigan driver's license.
- No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal histories.
- Must be able to read and write the English language
- Must be of good moral character
- Ability to successfully complete all phases of the selection process.
- Pass extensive personal and professional background check
- Pass medical, psychological and drug testing.
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as required
Applications may be picked up in person at:
Pleasant Ridge City Hall
23925 Woodward Ave
Pleasant Ridge Mi 48069
Or applications may be found online at: cityofpleasantridge.org