The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Charter Township of Clinton Full-time Police Officers (2 Vacanies) Closing Date: January 26, 2024
December 06, 2023
The Charter Township of Clinton seeks qualified candidates for police officers (two vacancies) to meet the demands of a growing but stable suburban community. This is an exceptional opportunity to work for a full-service, dynamic, innovative, and forward-thinking police department.
Clinton Township, a charter township of 28 square miles with a diverse residential population of approximately 103,000, is located immediately north of Detroit, MI and is one of the largest suburbs in Macomb County. Clinton Township’s daytime population increases substantially as a result of its large business commuter community, which includes two hospitals, a college and suburban mall.
Under the direction of supervisory personnel, newly hired police officers patrol an assigned sector in a marked police vehicle performing basic law enforcement duties that include responding to calls for service, issuing traffic citations, resolving conflict among citizens, and performing other assigned tasks.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Must meet the minimum employment standards as published by the by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES)
- Must be MCOLES certified or certifiable as a police officer in the State of Michigan (or) currently enrolled in an MCOLES accredited police academy and be certifiable by conditional offer of employment. Must submit verification of academy enrollment with application.
- Must be at least twenty-on (21) years old by the date of hire.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
MUST MEET ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Possess an associate degree or sixty (60) college semester hours; a national or regional accrediting organization by the United States Department of Education must accredit the school or institution granting the degree or credits prior to application deadline.
- Have been a certified police officer in good standing for a minimum of two (2) years prior to application deadline.
- Are a veteran with four (4) years of continuous active military service under honorable conditions within five (5) years of application deadline.
- Must not have been released or discharged from the Armed Forces of the United States under dishonorable conditions.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Michigan driver’s license and have a good driving record.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The Township offers a highly competitive compensation package for this position. The starting salary is $53,443 and reaches a top pay of over $85,000 in four years. Extra cash payments include holiday pay for 15 holidays, shift premium (6% of base wage), show-up time (2% of base wage) and weapon allowance.
- Health, Dental and Vision Plans
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Retiree Health Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Group Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Plans
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- 457b Deferred Compensation Plan
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and application with supplemental information to the Charter Township of Clinton Human Resources Department. Only those candidates who most closely meet the selection requirements will be invited to continue in the application process, at the sole discretion of the Charter Township of Clinton. Visit https://clintontownship.com/502/Police-Officer-Job-Openings for an application and submittal instructions. If you require further information, please contact the Clinton Township Human Resources Department at (586) 286-9341 or firstname.lastname@example.org.