The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Ferris State University Department of Public Safety: Detective Sergeant Closing Date: January 19, 2024
December 18, 2023
Ferris State University Department of Public Safety is seeking qualified applicants for Detective Sergeant.
- Perform major investigations that are complex and sensitive in nature as assigned by the Director or Assistant Director of Public Safety
- Supervise, oversee, and provide assistance to all major criminal investigations conducted by Ferris State University police officers
- Regularly meet with detectives from local law enforcement agencies to collaborate and combat crime trends in the area as well as solving major and/or complex criminal investigations
- Serve as a liaison between community partners
- Coordinate educational trainings and programs for the campus community
- Serve as the day shift supervisor as well as a uniformed supervisor, when needed
- Supervise Service Officers
- Other police related functions as assigned by the Director or Assistant Director of Public Safety.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- MCOLES certified, certifiable, or out of state Law Enforcement Officer to obtain MCOLES certification within two months of hire date
- Ability to obtain Michigan driver's license within two months of hire date
- Ability to obtain and maintain annual firearms qualification