The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Ferris State University Department of Public Safety: Public Safety Officer Closing Date: January 19, 2024
December 18, 2023
The Public Safety Officer is a sworn law enforcement position which involves protecting life and property, and the preservation of peace and good order through the enforcement of laws, ordinances, and policy.
- Responding to emergency and non-emergency police calls for service
- Responsibility for performing assigned police work of varying degree of difficulty
- Utilizing community-oriented/problem-solving techniques which include community engagement, resource development, the enforcement of laws and ordinances, crime prevention, detection and investigation, apprehension of violators, and other related police functions
REQUIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Applicants must be currently MCOLES certified or licensable as a police officer as defined by MCOLES at time of hire
- Possession of a valid driver's license