The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
City of Muskegon: Police Officer Closing Date: January 26, 2024
January 05, 2024
Description of Work
Police Officers provide for public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property, promoting good community relations and patrolling assigned area to prevent crime; enforce laws, ordinances and traffic regulations, control crowds, and arrest violators; and may perform a specialized police activity such as criminal investigations, undercover surveillance, or participate in juvenile cases.
Required Minimum Entrance Qualifications
- Possession of a high school diploma or the equivalent (An Associate's degree or equivalent preferred).
- This is an entry level classification, no specific experience is required. (12 months probationary period).
- Must be a licensed Michigan Police Officer, currently attending a Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) certified police academy, or eligible for MCOLES licensing.
- State of Michigan Vehicle Operator's License, a satisfactory driving record, and the ability to maintain one throughout employment.
- Other requirements as specified by collective bargaining agreements.
THE CITY OF MUSKEGON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THE CITY OF MUSKEGON HAS ADOPTED A VETERANS PREFERENCE POLICY THAT RECOGNIZES QUALIFYING MILITARY SERVICE