The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Romulus Police Department: Part-Time Certified Police Traffic Officer Closing Date: July 5, 2024
January 05, 2024
Base Annual Salary and Hours:
- $30.00 an hour (maximum of 29 hours a week)
- Flexible hours (as approved by the Special Services Commander)
The Romulus Police Department is seeking MCOLES certified Officers (or capable of being MCOLE’s re-certified) to work as part-time Traffic Officers in the Romulus Police Department’s Special Services Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Part-Time Officers will be responsible on a day-to-day basis for traffic enforce-ment duties as directed.
- Part-Time Officers may have the opportunity to work special events.
- This is a non-union position.
- Must be licensed by MCOLES or capable of attaining and maintaining MCOLES’ license. Applicants who fail to meet these requirements shall become ineligi-ble.
- Must have passed the MCOLES pre-employment reading and writing test.
- Must have passed the MCOLES physical standards test for determining fitness for the performance of duties.
- Must be 18 years of age as of the date of application.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have an exemplary criminal history with no felony convictions.
- Must possess a valid Michigan Driver License with good driving record. Out-of- state applicants must provide current driving record at time of application and ob-tain State of Michigan license within one (1) month of employment. Must be ap-propriately licensed to operate City-owned vehicles consistent with work assign-ment.
- Must have vision correctable to 20/20 with no major defects; normal color and normal hearing.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills in order to deal with the public firmly, courteously and tactfully.
- Must possess the ability to analyze situations quickly and objectively, and be able to determine the proper course of action.
- Must have the ability to react quickly and calmly under stressful situations.
All applications will be reviewed by Human Resources and police personnel. Applicants who pass the initial screening and meet the minimum qualifications will be contacted for an oral board interview. Those passing the oral interview must successfully complete a background investigation, psychological evaluation, pre-employment physical and drug screen prior to appointment.
How to Apply:
The City of Romulus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.