The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Schoolcraft Police Department: Part-Time Police Officer Closing Date: April 12, 2024
January 12, 2024
The Schoolcraft Police Department is accepting applications for a part-time Police Officer. To receive consideration, it is preferred that the applicant have patrol experience (3-5 years), however, we will consider candidates with less than the preferred road patrol experience. The applicant must have good interpersonal-public relation skills and be able to work a variety of shifts including holidays and weekends. Starting hourly wage $20.47 - $22.64 (Negotiable based on experience and qualifications).
- Must be 21 years of age at time of appointment.
- Possess a valid Michigan driver's license and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have obtained valid MCOLES license or be licensable.
- No Felony convictions. Misdemeanors will be screened on a case-by-case basis.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must submit to and pass a background investigation, physical and psychological examination.
Applications are available on the Village of Schoolcraft web site under the Departments/Police tab or can be picked up at the Village Municipal Complex at 442 N. Grand St. Schoolcraft, MI. Applications will not be mailed to candidates. Your application must be accompanied by a resume and cover letter.
Send completed applications to:
Schoolcraft Police Department
Attn: Chief Scott Smith
442 N. Grand St
PO Box 8
Schoolcraft, MI. 49087