The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Capital Region Airport Authority: Police Officer Closing Date: June 1, 2024
February 08, 2024
Under the supervision of the Chief of Public Safety the Police Officer is responsible for the safety and security of the airport during their assigned shift. Tasks include law enforcement officer functions, TSA Checkpoint support, monitoring of airport security measures, and emergency response. This position will work as a member of the Capital Region Airport Authority Department of Public Safety comprised of Public Safety Officers, Police Officers, and Aircraft Rescue Firefighters.
- Patrols all airport facilities including airfield, roadways, parking lots, and terminal building.
- Performs Law Enforcement Officer duties on all Capital Region Airport Authority properties.
- Enforce applicable Authority rules and regulations, Michigan Aeronautics Codes, Federal Aviation
- Regulations, TSA Security Regulations, and State of Michigan criminal law.
- Protects human life, property, and the preservation of peace and order on airport property.
- Responds to all emergencies in a timely and effective manner while acting within the scope of their
training and authority.
- Monitors access control, CCTV, and other designated airport systems in support of the Airport
- Operations Department when appropriate.
- Prepares department reports, logs, and records as required.
Associate's degree or equivalent in Criminal Justice or related field.
Has successfully completed an MCOLES approved basic police academy and is currently certifiable with MCOLES. Alternatively, has completed the MCOLES Recognition of Prior Training and Experience (RPTE) program and is eligible for certification as a police officer in the State of Michigan.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Michigan Driver's License.
- Ability to successfully complete a TSA Security Threat Assessment and FBI fingerprint-based Criminal History Record Check.
- Ability to work within a shift structure that provides 24/7 coverage year-round.
Police Officers are represented under a collective bargaining agreement. Current pay range is $46,758.40 ($22.48/hr) - $54,121.60 ($26.02/hr) with a comprehensive benefit package listed below. Candidates with previous law enforcement experience may qualify for a higher starting pay rate in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
Health Insurance Dental Insurance Vision Insurance
Life Insurance Short- & Long-Term Disability Flexible Spending Accounts
Retirement Savings Health Care Savings Plan Paid Time Off
How to Apply:
Submit in PDF or Word format a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.