The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Fremont Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: July 1, 2024
February 12, 2024
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the duties which the employee may be expected to perform. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Patrol designated areas to prevent, deter, and suppress traffic violations and criminal activity.
- Enforce State of Michigan Law, Federal Law, Uniform Traffic Code, and City of Fremont Ordinances.
- Investigate criminal and traffic offenses in accordance with the Michigan Penal and Traffic Code.
- Searches for, collects and preserves evidence at crime scenes.
- Locates and interviews victims and witnesses.
- Identifies suspects, obtains warrants, and exercises powers of arrest.
- Assists in the apprehension of wanted persons.
- Guard prisoners and assumes responsibility for their safety and personal property while in custody.
- Prepares and maintains reports of accidents, complaints, offenses, and other incidents.
- Assists in the prosecution of suspects.
- Attends court proceedings as necessary to testify regarding criminal investigations or traffic enforcement activities.
- Carry out the general orders and procedures of the Police Department.
Beginning wage is $56,549 to $59,922/year based on experience. Wage increases, benefits etc. are determined by collective bargaining agreement. Appointment will be subject to a six-month probationary period.
Applicants who meet the above-listed requirements and wish to be considered for this position must indicate their intent in writing and submit it to email@example.com. This position posting shall remain in effect until July 1, 2024. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.