Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service
- Martin Luther King, Jr. National Day of Service
Learn more about the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Day of Service and about mini-grants available for Michigan organizations.
Global Youth Service Day
- MCSC engages 4,500 youth in volunteerism for Global Youth Service Day
The Michigan Community Service Commission, with partner Youth Service America, supported 35 Global Youth Service Day projects across the state, engaging nearly 4,500 youth volunteers.
- Michigan youth make big impact on Global Youth Service Day
Between April 15-17 nearly 2,000 youth volunteers completed close to 10,000 volunteer hours throughout the state.
September 11 National Day of Service & Remembrance
- September 11 National Day of Service & Remembrance: Honoring through Service
As a positive way to forever remember and pay tribute to the victims of September 11, honor those that rose in service in response to the attacks, and to remind people of the importance of working more closely together to improve our world, the Michigan Community Service Commission invites to you volunteer in your community on the 9/11 Day of Service and Remembrance.
- Michigan Volunteers Make Big Impact on September 11
The Michigan Community Service Commission, along with the Michigan Nonprofit Association, supported six volunteer projects to honor 9/11 Day of Service and Remembrance that addressed disaster preparedness and supported first responders, veterans and military families.